Works in collaboration with leadership in an assigned department to ensure the work is accomplished effectively. Provides leadership in the absence of the Manager and supports the departmental operations by ensuring scheduling needs are acting as resource and champion on a daily basis. In addition to demonstrating leadership, serves as a resource, hospital-wide consultant to staff, and participates in endeavors to increase leadership experience. This is a supervisory role.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Keeps Manager informed of operational issues.
2. Maintains staffing efficiency through adhering to staffing benchmarks by creating, managing, and maintaining
3. Supports staff by serving as subject matter expert related to operations.
4. Consistently demonstrates support for Manager and team. Supports the manager in preparation and delivery of staff meetings as directed.
5. Provides clear, consistent communications regarding team and departmental activities and initiatives.
6. Provides support and mentoring for the team and others.
7. Participates in interviewing and selection of new hires per manager direction.
8. Assists with performance management through the development and documentation of peer evaluations.
9. Participates in team/department specific quality improvement projects.
10. Assists with reporting, documentation, investigation and follow-up of variances as directed by management team.
11. Provides mediation and leadership to manage patient concerns.
12. Participates in the budget development process.
13. Completes and reviews audits via electronic medical record and other sources as directed.
14. Assists Manager with Carolina Care initiatives as directed.
15. Assists with regulatory reviews and surveys as needed.
Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education;
Graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
If hired after October 1, 2015 must be enrolled in an accredited program within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
If a Master's degree in Social work, no licensure or certification is required.
If graduation from a state-accredited school of professional nursing, must be licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements
If a Master's degree in Social Work, requires two (2) years of medical care management experience as a Social Worker.
If a Registered Nurse, requires two (2) years of health care experience as an RN.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other staff. High level of interpersonal skills and organizational abilities. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions. Ability to deal with difficult situations and fast paced environment.