This job posting is no longer active.
Contract Physical Therapist-13 Week Assignment
$80.00 an hour
- 40 hours per week
- No Overtime
- 8-Hour Shifts
- This position is not eligible for benefits such as health insurance, retirement, paid days off, and disability coverages.
- Current PRN Johnston Health employees that wish to transition to an internal contract position will be assigned a new hire date. Their seniority date will be reset to the date they accept the contract position.
- Current Full Time Johnston Health employees are not eligible to accept a contract position.
- Introductory Period Policy for attendance.
- 2 Occurrences=Written Warning
- 3 Occurrences=Termination of contract (ineligible for rehire)
- This introductory period does not alter the employment-at-will status of any employee. Employees may resign from Johnston Health at any time and may be terminated by Johnston Health at any time, with or without notice, with or without cause.
- Will be on boarded according to our standard for travel employees (Orientation, Epic, Competencies, etc.)
- Salary will be $80.00 per hour plus applicable shift differential.
- Not eligible for the any weekend bonus, Holiday Pay, or any other specialty pay or premium unless fully defined within this agreement.
- Internal contract employee must be scheduled after all permanent employees are scheduled.
- Internal contract employee may be asked to float between campuses.
- Internal contract employee will not be flexed off for a scheduled shift.
- Internal contract employee will receive an occurrence for all unplanned absences and may be required to work an additional shift within the same week as their occurrence at the manager’s request and based on the needs of the unit.
- Scheduled for days, nights, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the unit.
- After the 90 day contract, there is no guarantee of continued employment. Should a second 90 day contract be offered, there will be variable hours and may be fewer or more than 30 hours per week in the second contract period.
- Internal contract employee may apply for a permanent position if they remain in good standing during the contract period.
- To qualify, candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This is a professional level work involving the evidence-based evaluation of patient disabilities, planning, and administration of physical therapy treatments. Incumbents complete documentation, instruct patients, families, and students, and participate in clinical program development and management. Clinician is expected to have involvement in the areas of continuing education, departmental and community activities, outreach education and role of preceptor to students.
Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of North Carolina. Homecare experience preferred.